Sunday, December 1, 2013

Where to Go Next

I don't like the things I used to love anymore.  Things like:

-writing.  I used to LOVE writing.  I had this idea that I was going to write my first novel before I got pregnant.  Putting words together used to make sense to me.  I took classes taught by published authors, earned my master's in writing and worked on story idea after story idea at all hours of the night.

I look at some of the things I write (which is to say this blog) and think," This is such bullshit."  So I don't bother with writing seriously anymore.

-having friends over.  There is an invisible wall between us.  I just don't care a whole lot about hanging out with people anymore.  I long to be at home on the couch with the iPad in hand researching fertility issues or reading blogs or Googling medical conditions.  I am a naturally introverted person but it feels as if I have folded in on myself. Most of the friends don't call anymore and I find myself not caring a whole lot.  And at the same time loving the ones who do still call a whole heck of a lot more.

-planning for the future.  I am a planner.  I love thinking about what could happen- new jobs, a new house, family... But the past year has really decimated any desire I have to think about the future in anything but vague and nonspecific terms.  The only thing I can think about in terms of future planning is contributing to a savings account I've nicknamed "Milk Money" to be used for...God, I don't know- fertility treatments or adoption or some really nice vacation when this entire thing blows to shit anyway.



School is sort of keeping me afloat.  I am so thankful for the kids I have this year- seriously, they are such a cool group and they take my mind off of things between 8:30 and 3:30.  But the minute I walk out the door I'm thinking about peeing in sticks or timing sex or wondering what my new stomach pain could possibly be. 

I hate who I am right now.  I hate that I don't know how to handle this situation with grace and humility.  I want to be a trooper, but I just don't know how to put a happy spin on any of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment